Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 04:26 PM   #2121 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Doctor Mix & The Remix - Wall Of Noise
Forget the really cheesy name & cheesy cover, this is one of the guys from French post punk band Metal Urbain doing a bunch of covers (No Fun , Sister Ray, Hey Joe , Brand New Cadillac.......) with nothing more than a really abrasive sounding guitar & a drum machine.It's a bit of fun really, nothing more.

Barry Andrews - Town & Country E.P.
The former XTC's keyboard player's only solo release along with another single (Which I also acquired). It's actually a pretty raw affair and very Libertines like in places with a bit of early XTC thrown in. I really like this a lot.

The Sensational Alex Harvey Band - Next
Been meaning to check him out for ages. if you've ever wished AC/DC were a bit more eclectic then this is the band for you. Laid back bar room boogie with blues , soul , doo wop , early rock n roll & music hall influences. Alex Harvey's voice also sounds identical to Bon Scott.

Robert Fripp - Exposure
I got this because from the cover & the era it was recorded I got the impression it would be a bit post punky/new wavey, A bit like King Crimson's Dicipline album (Which i'm quite a fan of).
All I can say is this album is 100 times the album that is, eclectic doesn't even begin to cover to it. Just download it, listen to it & thank me afterwards.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote