Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite Animal?
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 09:44 AM   #135 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post

yeah they really know how to tug at your heart-string, too
^Aww! Very cute. It does look like the cat is praying for mercy, even though s/he is just going after a string. It reminds me of a cartoon I like about cats. A cat is staring at the owner, who looks rather disconcerted because the cat is thinking: "If you were smaller, I would eat you."

I care about many animals but feel especially interested in, and drawn to, dolphins and cockatoos. I am sad to see them in captivity, which prevents them from having the freedom to experience everything they could in the wild, including many and powerful social connections with others of their kind. A cockatoo in a pet store near us is always stuck in his small cage...he is being housed there for years because the owner got married and her husband doesn't like birds! I visit him when I'm able. He clings to my hand through the bars and looks me in the eye very intently. We copy each other's sounds. When I leave he shrieks and shrieks. I feel it should be illegal to keep such intelligent, emotionally sensitive beings locked up like that.

If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote