Music Banter - View Single Post - A Passage In Time - Dead Can Dance Reviewed
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 06:23 AM   #30 (permalink)
Zarko
Barely Disheveled Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
I said before in this thread that Into the Labyrinth was the first DCD album I ever got, and I had it for months without ever listening to it (such is the flaw of downloading from blogs like some kinda junkie eh). I'm really glad I did eventually though, as it's an absolutely spectacular album (spot-on review, as per norm). It's a testament to the sheer talent of Perry and Gerrard that they can take a new artistic turn of sorts and make such a beautiful album out of it, which is something a very precious few manage to do successfully.

I'll admit Into the Labyrinth wasn't quite the slap in the face the Serpent's Egg was for me (at least not on the first listen), but it's still an album I've grown to really love since. Although I'd add Tell Me About the Forest to them, I agree with your picks of album highlights too - How Fortunate the Man With None is a stunner!

Cheers for the review anyways. Top stuff, as always.
It's why one got a 10 and one got a 9 Both top of the line stuff, its just dependent on how much it knocks you off your feet.

Danke btw

The first paragraph is half the reason I just haven't been 'into' music for the last month. Too much, got sick of scrounging for new stuff and just decided to crank the classics I love for a while (Which then encouraged me to make this thread). Still DL the occasional album though, should have a few interesting reviews later on, after I get the base of this done (Plan to go through some solo stuff and bootlegs/live albums)

BTW, totally friggin' awesome to see I converted someone to such an extent

Last edited by Zarko; 10-21-2009 at 06:35 AM.
Zarko is offline   Reply With Quote