Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 08:19 AM   #8447 (permalink)
Molecules
daddy don't

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer_sam View Post
thank god someone agrees with me. i mean, it's one thing to abandon the pop sheen to their songs, it's another to abandon songwriting altogether. i couldn't make it past track five without wondering when the hell the next song was coming on.

i don't know whose head is up critics asses but i'll be the first to proffer my disappointment at not hearing a single memorable track on the entire album. definite candidate for the 'lose' column, sorry Wayne.
Well diff'nt st'kes etcetera, I dug this one, but it would be interesting to see if your view is shared by the majority of FL listeners.
Someone somewhere on the internets compared the Lips' live show to psychedelic 'experiences' of the late 60s (a la Pink Floyd et al @ UFO Club), less of a gig and more of a trip, i think the material on this album would complement that perfectly. True, you can't tell where one song ends and the next begins, but as you pointed out it's not song-oriented... just like, say, Tago Mago. It's borderline Grateful Dead really, just more accessible and with that FL sparkle

[SIZE="1"]Eff em
tumble her
Molecules is offline   Reply With Quote