Music Banter - View Single Post - Family Guy vs. South Park
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 05:25 PM   #207 (permalink)
WolfAtTheDoor
ironing your socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTown787 View Post
In my eyes South Park really isn't that creative, every once in a while there's a good episode but Family Guy delivers every episode and has a really witty sense of humor.
I wouldn't really call it witty... South Park is witty. Sharp and cerebral. Family Guy is more or less entirely devoid of plot and relies on random and incoherent short-sketches dotted throughout its episodes. American Dad has basically exactly the same humour as Family Guy, but because its writers are relying on one central theme per episode it ends up nowhere near as funny as Family Guy often is.

South Park is now more or less entirely satirical and in my opinion remains the only intelligent viewing out of the three. I watched an old episode of The Simpsons recently, the one where they adopt Santa's Little Helper from the race track, and I forgot just how down-to-earth and rooted in reality it once was. The main draw of The Simpsons was that it portrayed how real life was but in cartoon form, now it's trying too hard to follow in the erratic footsteps of Family Guy and it's looking all the worse for it.