Music Banter - View Single Post - Family Guy vs. South Park
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 07:11 PM   #209 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfAtTheDoor View Post
I wouldn't really call it witty... South Park is witty. Sharp and cerebral. Family Guy is more or less entirely devoid of plot and relies on random and incoherent short-sketches dotted throughout its episodes.
That is not at all a bad thing, that's just it's style of humor.

It worked for Monty Python didn't it?

Quote:
South Park is now more or less entirely satirical and in my opinion remains the only intelligent viewing out of the three. I watched an old episode of The Simpsons recently, the one where they adopt Santa's Little Helper from the race track, and I forgot just how down-to-earth and rooted in reality it once was. The main draw of The Simpsons was that it portrayed how real life was but in cartoon form, now it's trying too hard to follow in the erratic footsteps of Family Guy and it's looking all the worse for it.
Well The Simpsons at it's prime was extremely satirical, witty and well written. I think the newer episodes are just ok, but I do agree that the show is losing some of the things that made it so great to begin with.

Also, Fox has pretty much ruined their sunday night lineup, nothing against Seth but does he really need THREE shows? Even though I like Cleveland as a character I don't really have high expectations for another McFarelane project.

I think Mike Judge made a horrible mistake by quitting King of the Hill just to do The Goode Family which was spectacularly unfunny and deservedly canceled. Sure KOTH may have been past it's peak, but it's cancelation was in vain.

Remember when the Fox lineup was Simpsons/Futurama/Family Guy/King of the Hill?

That was the best lineup ever.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 10-21-2009 at 07:23 PM.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote