Music Banter - View Single Post - Sneer's Emporium of Sound
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 10:37 AM   #115 (permalink)
Sneer
Let it drip

Acid Eater
Virulent Fuzz Punk A.C.I.D

Havent updated this for a while, so i'll reconvene with an album i've been rinsing lately.

Now, i don't know too much about this band apart from the fact they're Japanese musicians with a penchant for 60's Garage Rock and Organs. Their influences, coupled with their own approach to musicianship and recording, make this album an enthralling album from start to finish.

As you may be able to ascertain from the album title, this is 40 minutes of acidic, fuzzy punk bordering on dementia, turned up to 11. The songs exude a dynamism, aided by simple yet measured guitar/drum salvos to the relentless drive of a throbbing bass guitar. The added pleasure of an organ mischievously twisting and weaving through, what are essentially straight up punk songs, make it an engrossing, all consuming listen.

Interspersed along the way are glitches, screeches and bleeps, as well as extented psychedelic jams, all of which are executed in the same frenetic, raucous aesthetic. this may to some be the albums downfall. For listeners who love an album to be a work of art; full of texture, mood and swoops and soars this may not appeal. It starts fast and ends fast. The lo-fi, distorted production may as well detract some listeners, it is at times too much. But if you clear your mind of all thoughts, get comfy and just play it the whole way through i believe you'll find it rewarding.

For all the fuzz, aggression and ear splitting noise there are well crafted songs underneath it all, laden with captivating hooks and riffs that will bring a smile to your face. So i dare you to give it a listen (at full volume of course).
Sneer is offline   Reply With Quote