Music Banter - View Single Post - Guns N' Roses (Yes and Chinese Democracy, so don't make other threads on it.)
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 01:13 PM   #918 (permalink)
SaphiaGlam
Groupie

I freakin' love Guns N' Roses. My bandmate, a heavy metal dude (rocks out to the Metallica and the like) had the nerve to label them one of the most boring bands ever.
****'s sake! As well as having an awesome look and being great people generally, the music is INSANE. Sweet Child O' Mine never fails to send shivers down my spine. November Rain? Pure awesomeness. Although I have to say, the first ever song I heard Axl sing was We Will Rock You at the Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert, and I was shocked at this skinny, ginger, paler than pale guy screeching down the mike and ruining one of Queen's greatest songs. A few years later, I'm completely reversed, I love Axl's voice, and the music is fantastic.
So what, they've been through some ****, and maybe a bunch of their songs are covers, but who DOESN'T cover other people's stuff? It's only a mark of respect and love for the other bands songs!
I love them and always will =]
SaphiaGlam is offline   Reply With Quote