Music Banter - View Single Post - Race/gender/sex. orientation and musical stereotyping
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 04:16 PM   #20 (permalink)
NumberNineDream
Blue Bleezin' Blind Drunk

I tried to get as far as possible from the mainstream tastes in here, just cause they seemed a bit absurd. Ans still 99% of the population still haven't noticed, that they do act as a stereotype.

So the Lebanese teenager Stereotype (for those that don't know):
-When you're a teenager and you turn out to be an exception that doesn't listen to hip hop, R&B ,rap or electronica you directly become part of the other stereotype, the Rock lover.
-What's weird is, that all Rock lovers love those same bands: Metallica, Nirvana and Iron Maiden. And I don't know how they talk about these three bands as if they're from the same genre.
-And when these Rock Lovers grow up to become 15+ they just start loving Dream Theater.

-And then at 18+ you just don't care what's on the radio, just that it is on and on a very non-annoying volume.

I don't know about other countries' stereotypes just what I see in the movies (which is usually based only on unaccurate stereotypes). But not that I have these prejudices in real life or on music forums. Maybe cause I never get to imagine how the user looks like (I'm very bad at these things).
Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats?Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats? Do bats eat cats?

Last edited by NumberNineDream; 10-22-2009 at 04:22 PM.
NumberNineDream is offline   Reply With Quote