Music Banter - View Single Post - The Monthly Music Trading Post
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 05:56 PM   #746 (permalink)
+81
Rats off to ya!

Basically when my friend and I were just getting into music the Misfits were one of the main bands we’d listen to. It was the same time we were starting to play music and the Ramones and Misfits basically taught us how. We’d spend hours upon hours in his parents’ basement playing out power chord driven punk songs then recording our accomplishments on makeshift cassette and VHS recording setups.

This week Fasho sent me The Misfits’ album Static Age. Now although I had heard many of the songs off of it, it was in a time were getting music over the Internet wasn’t so easy, even record store were almost two hours away, so I never heard the album in its entirety. I’d say this is my favorite record by the group. Starting off with ‘Static Age’, one of my favorites, it has a certain groove and swagger created by the Danzig’s vocal melody and the steady driving drumbeat. The album moves through so many classic tracks like Last Caress, Hybrid Moments, We Are 138 and Bullet. To me this is like ¾ of a greatest hits album. There are a few low points but overall it’s an excellent album.

I think I'm caught up with my reviews now.

+81 is offline   Reply With Quote