Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 07:42 PM   #4286 (permalink)
Flower Child
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio View Post
The Secret of NIHM

beautifully animated and a story that really grabbed your attention. for an animated movie it surprised me the sort of dark turns it had taken. i loved the wide scope they gave this film that was essentially about small animals on a farm. the only thing i was not so hot about was how short it was. i understand that most animated movies usually stay around the one and a half hour mark, but i thought this was a film that really should have went past that. i really felt that some of the scenes deserved a little more buildup or suspense than they were given. overall though, great film for anyone who's a fan of the work of Don Bluth(The Land Before Time, An American Tail, The Rescuers, etc.) and a fantastic animated film at that.
I thought I was the only kid in the world who had this movie! Definitely an undergrounder if you ask me. I liked reading what you had to say about it- and I agree that it did have a few darkish parts in it, but it was nice having a little bit of a unique and refreshing atmosphere rather than the same old cutesy Disney movies. I remember being really afraid of that owl when I was little and Nicodemus(?) the head rat. This movie got me at a young age looking at small animals like mice and such in a different light. It been ages since I've seen the movie but I always remember that scene at the very beginning when the farmer was plowing his field and they had to run for their lives and, if I remember right, their little house was destroyed. But anyway thanks for bringing this up!
Flower Child is offline   Reply With Quote