Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 10 Rap Artists
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2009, 11:01 AM   #400 (permalink)
Flower Child
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollarsandcents View Post
I remember him, he has some really catchy tracks when I was growing up and was really popular over here. I think that album was one of his best, and the song you mention was used in one of the Fast and Furious films I believe! I think he tried his hand at acting, no idea what he's doing now, but I guess in the years he was rapping he was popular, especially for his summery tracks with Ashanti in every one! Ahh, childhood days. Seems like more a relic of the past now though.
I'm glad someone else remembers him! I didn't realize that song was on a Fast and the Furious film. If that was the case, I figured having a song in that film would have made him all sorts of fame, as remember Fast and the Furious being a massive deal. But I completely agree with you, Ja-Rule is such a relic of the past that just came and went with the times. Shame is, he was big during the Dr. Dre Snoop Dog era when there was a lot of good rappers and competition and he really got edged out. Now his music would top any of the raps on the radio now.
Flower Child is offline   Reply With Quote