Music Banter - View Single Post - Uk Grime
Thread: Uk Grime
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 06:01 PM   #64 (permalink)
Molecules
daddy don't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuzuka Skysword View Post
Did anyone listen to Chipmunk's new album? It was horrible. What a ****ing sell out.
Lol, chip diddy chip! He didn't have much to sell in the first place tbh

Have spent the last year trying to forget the decline of 'grime', haha. It had it's day, at least. It could have evolved, cross-pollinated within the dubstep family and gone somewhere pretty cool but all I am seeing now is the usual pro-tooled, club hip-hop/dance chart bait.
There was never any intellectualism in the grime scene, it was music of the moment. However it produced a couple of musical prodigies who have since pissed away any potential: Dizzee is dead to me after the first album, and Wiley went down the commercial dance route, lost his head and never found it again.
'Wearing My Rolex' was the final nail in the coffin imo, since then the London scene has become like a microcosm of mainstream hip-hop, just so f*cking tacky and the music is HORRIBLE. Like sub-So Solid Crew horrible.

Time to move on to pastures new... but keep an eye out for the shadier characters, producer/MC Dot Rotten might surprise one day. He is also, by many accounts, madder than David Bowie circa 1976. Esoterics, conspiracies and ting.
'Grime' is no longer a relevant term, producers are debunking to funky house, flipping up tempos, it's just a matter of time before a newer MC-driven sound emerges. Could be next year, could be ten!

[SIZE="1"]Eff em
tumble her
Molecules is offline   Reply With Quote