Music Banter - View Single Post - Nekromantix
Thread: Nekromantix
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 02:31 AM   #16 (permalink)
SarahJayne
Groupie

^^ Hmmm, ok : ).

I saw them back in '99 or 2000. I was living in Seattle at the time, underage, and couldn't get into the bar show they were playing that weekend. So a few friends and I drove up to see them in Vancouver, Canada - where the drinking age was only 18 : ).

The psychobilly scene was super, super tiny back then, so they played to maybe 20 people - half of whom were frat boys who just didn't get it! It was kinda depressing, but they put on a great show. It was a real treat to see them since bands like them rarely ever came to the US.

Fast forward to a few years later and they (along with many other psycho bands) got HUGE, and started selling out large venues! That's been really great to see in many ways. The kids have a much better scene now. A scene actually exists!

I've seen them play a few times since then and each time they were better than the last.

I'm accquainted with Kim, as we have some mutual friends - including Kamilla, who used to dance in the Horror Pops. He's a pretty cool guy. VERY intelligent, with a good, sarcastic sense of humor. And a great musician and artist. He deserves all his success.

My favorite album of theirs is Brought Back to Life, bar none! Dial 666 - 'nuff said.
SarahJayne is offline   Reply With Quote