Music Banter - View Single Post - Is the Quality of MusicBanter Decreasing?
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 08:35 AM   #17 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

I moved this discussion to it's own thread as I think it's an interesting topic that deserves a thread.

I don't post that often in musical discussions because 9/10ths of the time, they're discussions I don't care about and there being such a high turnover of members (a lot join up and leave after a couple of weeks), a lot of the posts are made by people I don't know and whose opinions I don't really care about.

There are some people with tastes that I can relate to in the sense that if they like something, I think I might like it too. When they discuss music, I might do as well, but it happens rarer and rarer. I think if anyone wants to find out what I like, they'd have to check out my journal or my last.fm page or something to get a rough idea.

What I absolutely hate is people namedropping lists of artists and albums everyone should check out without writing up or giving any kind of reasons as to why we should. Especially when new guys do it, I just wanna swing the banhammer.

edit :

There's still a lot of quality content here, it's just I think most of it is tied up in journals and review threads and not so much the music discussions in the other forums.