Music Banter - View Single Post - Is the Quality of MusicBanter Decreasing?
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 03:21 PM   #37 (permalink)
FaSho
____

When I joined this forum it was thriving with discussion about every think music-related, and since the beginning of 2009, I feel as though it's gotten consistently worse. Why? You may ask. Well...

1.In the past 8 months or so there has been constant influx of flakey n00bs with big egos and no knowledge of music. This is how I was when I joined MB, I was willing to stay and mature though, not start stupid arguements and get myself banned, or leave the first time I disagreed with one of the members. there have been exceptions to this, I'm glad members like Antonio, LoathsomePete and BTown787 have all been great additions to this forum's regulars...but...

2.It seems like most of my favorite posters in my first six months here, have become less and less active. Jackhammer, lucifer_sam, sweet nothing, just to name a few, were all people I loved to discuss music with that aren't nearly as 'regular' as the one were, I think that's because post quality has gone seriously downhill. One reason could be...

3.The f*cking lounge. Yes, I enjoy some of the threads in it, and admittedly, regularly post in 'rate the person above you' threads. The problem? It's probably about tripled in size I joined. I think alienates some of the more frequent members(such as I0, because it gives them the feeling that no one wants to talk about music anymore...or at least that's the impresion I get.

Solutions?
Quote:
Originally Posted by right-track View Post
I think the answer is to delete more members.
Just generally be stricter about what gets posted. I'm not saying everything needs to be a serious discussion, I love the hilarious banter that occurs here, what I'm saying is there needs to be a lot more on-topic posting, and a lot less lounge bullsh*tting, especially when it spills out into the music forum.