Music Banter - View Single Post - Would you listen to music in a language you didn't understand?
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 04:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
reiko57
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by storymilo View Post
Someone please listen to the song I posted. It's so awesome, I need some appreciation.

Also Conan I love Spanish music too. One of my favorite acts is Rodrigo y Gabriela, and though they're instrumental I think that kind of ties in with the theme of not understanding what's being said. In this case there's just nothing being said!
honestly, it was good for what it is, i just personally hated it, but if you notice some of the bands i talk about, its obvious i wouldn't listen to that style in english

but i do agree with the vocals as an instrument, i never would have had the balls to sing before i realized that, and i love to sing now (never mind the quality of my voice), and they do kind of build to fit in the song in a way where, if you understood it, you would hate it because you've takin the song somewhere completely different

that happened quite a bit to me, as i learned more russian and understood the songs better, certain ones just became uninteresting to me, i didn't want to hear the message anymore, especially when it applied to a group of people 5000 miles away.
reiko57 is offline   Reply With Quote