Music Banter - View Single Post - What are the differences between an American strat and a Mexican strat?
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 05:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Musicophile View Post
The bridge parts make a reasonable difference too, and it's hard to replace them with american parts because the mexican guitars use metric measurements, and the american parts use imperial. Callaham guitars do a MIM upgrade pack which is designed specifically for upgrading mexican fenders, so that would take care of the bridge parts, you'd maybe get a bit more sustain, and perhaps a more detailed tone.
you said this last time you talked about mexican strats and it still doesn't make sense. regardless of what number system is used to make the measurement the object is still the same size. considering the mexican strat upgrade on the Callahan page doesn't actually include a bridge... (it's a block, saddles, and a bar). the issue is not the number system but the spacing between the screws, it's something to consider if you have a slim vs. standard bridge as well, regardless of where it's built.

@reiko - being that you're a lefty let me plant the seed for LTD guitars into your head. they sell their lefty models at the same price as their regular right handed models. the quality varies throughout the series though, a 1000 model is obviously way better than a 200.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote