Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 05:42 PM   #4307 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Yeah, I didn't think Up was as good as Nemo or The Incredibles, but definitely one of the better animated offerings in the last few years. Just wish they'd drop the predictable chase sequences near the end.

Ciao is a gay film in that it focuses on gay characters. Unfortunately, seeing as how most such films target a specific and small gay audience, they tend to be low budget and have a low-talent cast (it's kinda hard to find good gay actors, I guess?). So this one is plagued most notably by a lack of acting talent. But it was rather unusual in the sense that it didn't have a sex scene (most *** themed films do) and did actually aspire to something more serious and meaningful (it's about dealing with grief, mostly) and had achieved a certain melancholic mood. But I place way too much weight on acting for any of it to matter much in the end. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone really...:/

Last.fm
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote