Music Banter - View Single Post - Will the 00's be remembered fondly?
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 07:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
music_phantom13
Music Addict

To be honest, I think I'll be very embarassed by the radio; they'll be playing the ****ty stuff like The Jonas Brothers 15 years from now, I imagine. But I'll still be listening to my favorite albums from the past 10 years that I listen to now, and I think it'll still be just as great. As far as what will be remembered in general: I think it will be a lot different than previous decades. For example, everyone knows what got popular in the 70s, 80s, and 90s, either too the general public or music critics. But what will that music be for us? I feel that Animal Collective, MF DOOM (close enough) The Killers, maybe Eels, the Shins, The Unicorns, and the Strokes will, in my opinion, be the bands from the '00s that are huge in the way that Pavement, Guided By Voices, Built to Spill, and Yo La Tengo, and Radiohead if you want to throw them in were in the 90's. But strangely, the only band that comes to mind when I think of something that parallels these greats this decade is Animal Collective. I guess time will tell; it just seems with the internet there are a lot more different types of music coming out in massive quantities that it's not necessarily one band that makes it big. It's more a whole genre, which spawns tons of bands that make music of a similar style. I guess we'll see, you never know who could be popular in the next 15 years. Could even be Dalek.

And I don't know what you guys are smoking, the '00s rock for music in my opinion. I just don't know how much will be actually remembered in years to come, there aren't many bands from this decade consistently cranking out good music and there's so many bands everybody likes something else.
music_phantom13 is offline   Reply With Quote