Music Banter - View Single Post - Is the Quality of MusicBanter Decreasing?
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 08:54 PM   #65 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by pourmeanother View Post
Being 100% honest, yes. That's just my experience though. I've been active in a few sports forums- one I joined in 2001- and they all went through the same thing... One has 30,000+ registered users- and currently has less than 10 active posters, and has had posts on under 15 topics in the past 2 weeks! I've read posts identical to these a dozen times over- "Remember the glory days of (site)?", "What happened here?!", "Is (site) reaching it's downfall?", etc. The problem is catch-22... You want the site to grow and gain more members, but the problems only start to arise when the site actually realizes those gains.

If you call b.s. on it happening here, that's fine- I guess I really don't know what's going to happen. I'm merely pointing out that every site goes through this or something like it. I guess some strong ones come out. How do they do it? Solid leadership- lot's of quality moderators- and keeping fresh, new ideas rolling. Maintaining the core members. And keeping an eye on trolling of new members, which usually makes them leave failing to replenish the pool.

Alright well I'm done, because I'm just as sick of writing this post as you all are reading it at this point...
You know I use to run into a guy like you down in the Fenway now and again but he had the decency to wear a sandwich board.

What I'd like to know about these forums you frequented is what the site did to push itself to a new level of discussion. Music, like sports, never seems to end. The idea that they couldn't keep talking about sports concerns me. So was it guys showing up wanting to talk about the 62 world series or were they popping in to tell you how nasty the Yankees were?