Music Banter - View Single Post - Is the Quality of MusicBanter Decreasing?
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 02:28 AM   #69 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkest Hour View Post
I'm just pissed nobody shares my taste. I rarely can find a thread to post in, but whatever.
You may have tried this already, but how about making some threads about the bands you like?

Anyways, I'm gonna try and involve myself more in the music discussions. I don't believe in the musicbanter doomsday scenario. I too have been around on the internet for quite a while (since the mid 90s) and I've been a part of a fair share of communities. Contrary to the doomsday scenario people are posting about here, not all of them die. Those who have a good turnover of users meaning new users come and old users go keep going strong even after years.

I think musicbanter does have a high turnover and I think it will do just fine, but as other's have pointed out, I think moderation is important. I've seen communities die basically because there was no rules and everyone except the trolls got fed up. I actually think that scenario is a higher risk here than the place drying up because a lack of new blood.

We got a lot of good members in 2008 and 2009, I'm sure we will in 2010 as well. We just gotta make sure musicbanter is the kind of community that attracts good members.