Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 11:54 AM   #2166 (permalink)
dollarsandcents
more tea vicar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATCHMO View Post
THis was one of those serendipitous accidents. I was hunting around the itunes store kinda' peekin' out for a nice mellow solo classical piano album to get ahold of when I decided: **** it. I'm just gonna' try to hunt down a decent copy of Chopin's Nocturnes which I've been unsuccessful at doing countless times. I found a decent file and while I was waiting for it to download I went back to itunes to see what was the most popular release of chopin's perennial work. In my search I happened to stumble onto Jacques Loussier's Impressions on Chopin's Nocturnes, which is a jazz interpretation of all 21 of Chopin's Nocturnes. I previewed a few tracks and was like "this is ****ing amazing. I'm gonna' have to hunt this down sometime." Meanwhile my file had finished downloading and as I opened it crossing my fingers that a 77 mb file was gonna give me the comprehensive nocturnes canon, I quickly realized that I had just downloaded Loussier's album. WTF? It's really every bit as amazing as I thought it would be. Anyone wanting to take a chance and venture out of the comfort zone give me a shout and I'll gladly sort you out.

I'd appreciate that, if you're not too busy that is.

dollarsandcents is offline   Reply With Quote