Music Banter - View Single Post - Kayleigh's Journal
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 12:50 PM   #43 (permalink)
music_phantom13
Music Addict

I haven't been in your journal too much because I'm not a big fan of electronic music outside of weird stuff and trip hop, but I was happy to see Glasvegas in here. I think it's pretty good, I'd probably like it a lot more if I could understand the vocals through the thick Scottish accent (half the time, ****ed if I know what they're saying). And I've never heard anyone sing with an accent like that either. That said, it has some really good songs. I love the parts where the distortion and synth keys kick in on It's My Own Cheating Heart That Makes Me Cry. Go Square Go and Daddy's Gone (which I can almost completely understand) are my two other favorite songs, so good choice with the tracks. Also, I enjoyed reading your review because you're Scottish and actually explained what some of the slang means... I had no clue what Go Square Go meant or where Flowers and Football Tops came from. Though I still don't understand football tops, you cut the tops off of soccer balls and leave them at the grave?
music_phantom13 is offline   Reply With Quote