Music Banter - View Single Post - Opera lovers?
Thread: Opera lovers?
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 04:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaphiaGlam View Post
I haven't seen The Audition, I will definitely check it out though, thanks for the reference!
If more complex operas don't appeal to you, I'd look at operettas; light-hearted operas such as Iolanthe.
Infact pretty much anything by Gilbert and Sullivan is worth a try.

Edit: And thanks for the welcome ^_^
I'll have to take a listen to Iolanthe, which I've never heard of! Thanks for the suggestion.

I did listen again to the Lamke "Flower Duet," which I had heard before you mentioned it, but I didn't remember the song went with that name. That is a lovely piece. You and your friend must have had a wonderful time singing it! I found this short youtube recording of part of the "Flower Duet," which seems to have the most famous portion of it (I think the actual piece is longer, correct?). Now everyone on MB can follow through with your recommendation to listen to this song, which you said is "a piece that EVERYONE in the world should hear at some point in their lives because it is just so beautiful."

If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote