Music Banter - View Single Post - Bang your head to 50 great albums.
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 05:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojopinuk View Post
Dopethrone is one of my very favourite records. I didn't think you liked Electric Wizard though? Did your opinion on this band change over time, or did i just have it all wrong? Anyway, i pretty much agree with everything you said about it and for me, it's their best release to date. Come My Fanatics is a fantastic record but i feel that with this one it was produced a little more, albet very slightly and not enough to stray too far from their roots, the drums sounded more prolific which is one thing that annoyed me a little about CMF. Electric Wizard opened the door to stoner rock/doom metal for me and im yet to find a band or record that i actually prefer over this one.
I did comment on not liking Witchfinder General which shocked me too so maybe it was that? I readily admit to disliking a lot of stoner rock due to it's banality but EW are far and above that. I really did want to revisit St. Vitus Dance, a band from the early 80's who had a similar sound but I lost my copy years ago and cannot find a decent download. I'm not sure whether they would have made the 50 but I would love to hear the album again.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote