Music Banter - View Single Post - Slater-Kinney
Thread: Slater-Kinney
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2005, 08:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Default Slater-Kinney

I don't even know if thats how you spell it, but I need a real review of The Woods. All I hear is that hey they went for a classic rock sound but I sampled the CD and it sounds like the same old ho-hum crap that they've put out before.

I've only heard one song (Off with her head) from the Future Sountrack of America CD, this is the only song they have that makes me like them, the rest (even "Oh") are painful after 10 seconds.

This is the review from Pitchfork: "By now you probably don't need to be told the particulars of Sleater-Kinney's new album, The Woods: about how they signed with Sub Pop, making it their first album since 1995's Call the Doctor not released by Kill Rock Stars; about how they hired Dave Fridmann to produce and recorded it in rural New York instead of Washington State; about how they wanted a heavier sound that mines classic rock like Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, and Jimi Hendrix for inspiration; about how one song is more than 11 minutes in length."

Yeah ok I heard all that crap, and then I heard samples of the woods and I almost wrote them an e-mail on how they should never review CD's again.

Can anyone tell me their impression?