Music Banter - View Single Post - Drums or Guitar
Thread: Drums or Guitar
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 01:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
Tusken Raid
Groupie

Default Drums or Guitar

(Sorry for long post )

My mate and i ( lets call him Luke) are starting up a band with some of his mates and he wants me to play drums but i am not sure about it as i've always wanted to be a guitarist ive played both instruments ive played acoustic guitar and i was pretty good at it i never found it difficult but never really enjoyed it as it didn't have the same sound and feel as i thought an electric guitar would though ive never played it before, but a week ago i was at a friends house with Luke and he had brought his guitar over ( hes really good ) and my mates brother had a drum set so we put on some songs and he would play guitar and id muck around on the drums , we then tried to play Smells like teen spirit and soon i had got half the song figured out , my friend was really amazed and so we spent the rest of the day playing some other songs , i had a better time than i had ever had on guitar but am still reluctant because i still think i would love guitar and would like to also sing in the band but i don't feel as though i can do that playing on the drums . What should i do?