Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Megadeth thread
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 03:13 PM   #14 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

I went to the midnight sale for Countdown to Extinction and won a watch that went backwards. Danzig's III: How the Gods Kill was released the same day.

I got into Megadeth my freshman year of high school, I think it was before Rust in Peace came out. I really loved Peace Sells and So Far So Good So What, and then they released that epic "Hangar 18" video for Rust in Peace and wow, that shit was amazing! What an amesome video that was at the time (the long version of course). That whole album just blew me away, I still consider it one of my favorite metal albums. And then as I said Countdown to Extinction came out and I liked it quite a bit but it was a bit watered down compared to Rust in Peace. Still great though. I'm sure Rust in Peace felt that way to the die-hards too when it came out.

Nowadays I only listen to them once in a while. I downloaded the remasters to replace my tapes, and did repurchase Rust in Peace on CD because it's so awesome. I never checked out anything beyond Countdown though. I'm not sure I would really like it all that much. Even on the occasion that I hear a song from Countdown on shuffle, I don't like the sound all that much. Something about it, can't match their best stuff.