Music Banter - View Single Post - Is the Quality of MusicBanter Decreasing?
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 04:37 PM   #111 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
While I agree with you for the rest of your post,Let me tell you it won't affect this one bit.

Spammers are only here to spam, they're not interested in becoming members. You could print the rules in 6 foot high lettering and they'd still do it.

And the people who get infracted or banned are made well aware of the rules before any action is taken. Like your friend Unfan. Yes he had 7 infractions, but that doesn't take into account the hundreds of friendly warnings & PM's sent to him asking him to stop trolling people and the hours wasted by mods past & present on him. So he's upset that a couple of us descended to his level, well boo hoo. I think the fact we tolerated him for something like 2 years and didn't permaban him we can be forgiven for letting slip just once or twice.In fact I think it's a testament to our patience he was here that long.

Actually I find it funny how Unfan says 'Mod favoritism is the reason MB is such a ****ty community'. Because any favouritism from mods seems to be exclusive to those people who don't cause any trouble.
You make a good point about the spammers...but I still feel having the rules appear visibly on the front page might help and shouldn't hurt, plus would cut down on confusion among people first looking at the site and inadvertantly posting links, etc., because they are unaware they shouldn't. Probably those people are very scarce compared to the obvious spammers, though.

Oh, The Unfan definitely wasn't a friend...he probably actively disliked me. I understand what you are saying about moderators trying to be patient and how it took effort to be remain patient and civil for so long. I do think the moderators are quite polite to me...maybe that's because I haven't caused *too* much trouble.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 10-28-2009 at 04:43 PM.