Music Banter - View Single Post - How satisfied are you with the way members are moderated?
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 05:51 PM   #21 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by toretorden View Post
[*]MB Jury - When a member who's been a part of the community for a significant amount of time gets permabanned, a jury can vote and potentially turn a permaban into a tempban.[*]MB Courtroom - A thread where regular members crimes and punishments are posted[/list]

i think this is a recipe for disaster. isn't one of the reasons people are chosen as mods that they're responsible and sensible members of the community? having a courtroom style event is just going to spread more drama and attention to some brat's BS across the site. i could understand getting member input if it's something specific like 2-3 users constantly targeted by a specific troll, but to just open it up is a mess. what's the point of having worthwhile mods in this case aside from being a breathing spam filters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverinewolfweiselpigeon View Post
It seems like people expect the mods to cater to everyone's needs and want them be some kind of superpeople who always make the right move. It's a ****ing internet forum, for ****s sake, if you don't like the way it's run then leave. Also, I definitely don't think the community of MB should be involved in the decision to ban a member. Our mods do their jobs and they do them well; none of my complaints are directed toward them.
YES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote