Music Banter - View Single Post - Fashion & Music
Thread: Fashion & Music
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2004, 07:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
winterslastbreath
Deja Entendu

i agree that it they both play a big role and affect each other.
example: a younger girl watches lets say, a rap video and sees what models have on. they want to be like the singers in the music videos and start to dress that way. sometimes inappropiately*sp* but the singers definately play some sort of rolse model on them.

the style that people have could possibly tell what kind of music they listen to-most of the time. basically stereotyping. say... a guy in, air ones a long tee and semi baggy jeans with a doorag thing. you can mostly assume that he mainly listens to rap, hiphop and that genre. or if another boy is dressed in say like, hurley shirts and not so baggy jeans with like a trucker hat or something .. you mainly assume he listens to emo, screamo, hardcore-something along those lines.

what i'm trying to get at is that you can mostly easily assume what kind of music someone listens to simply by their fashion. fashion tells a lot about a person. as if you stood a girl with raggy clothes next to a girl with nice, elagent clothes- you can safely assume the one girl comes from a relatively wealthy family maybe and the other doesn't.

i guess that's my point.