Music Banter - View Single Post - Zarko & Bulldog's Trans-Hemispheric Review of the 2000's
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 08:38 PM   #13 (permalink)
Zarko
Barely Disheveled Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
It was you who got me into the Overseer album and it is still on my MP3 player months after I got the link as it is perfect for that. I don't think the album wins a huge amount of points on originality and it reminds me of The Prodigy a hell of a lot but for big bouncy tunes with a smattering of guitars then it's stellar.

Zarko

Supermodified was my entry into the world of Amon Tobin and I still probably find it his most satisfying release. I think it's a great entry album to a slightly more harsher and abstract Electronic sound and it lead to me onto the likes of Otto Van Schirad and Venetian Snares.
Yeah, looking back on it its probably a bit harsher than I made out, for those who don't listen to that sort of electronic anyway. But as you say, its probably the most satisfying to sit through. Its probably not my favourite Tobin album, which is a testament to the album really. Similarly, it lead me to the likes of Stendeck, Truart and Macelleria Mobile di Mezzanotte.

Last edited by Zarko; 10-28-2009 at 08:46 PM.
Zarko is offline   Reply With Quote