Music Banter - View Single Post - I-Doser
Thread: I-Doser
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 09:15 PM   #46 (permalink)
someonecompletelyrandom
Account Disabled

I would like to apologize for my previous posts up there... but I mean it kind of proves to me in retrospect that I was definetly buzzed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toretorden View Post
If people have their healthy scepticism intact and still wanna try it despite that it costs money, that's fine with me. I wouldn't bother with it and I don't like the idea that someone might be selling placebo. If it was free, it wouldn't matter as much.

To me, it just seems too much like they are trying to sell placebo. All the tips they give you - relax, concentrate, believe, don't be distracted - are things that should help give you a placebo effect. Doing all that and concentrating on sound should also likely have a meditative effect and for those who have tried that will know that a certain feel of tingliness, heaviness and so on, is common when meditating. That along with placebo should all add to the illusion that this stuff works. It's like the perfect scheme.
A placebo only works if the subject has absolute faith in what he's trying. And let me tell you I called bull on this waaay before I tried it, I did it believing it was a placebo, went into it calling bull, and now that I've done three or four doses I can tell you that I don't think it's a placebo but even if it somehow is... I felt fantastic and that's all that matters.

And after doing a little research into Binaural Beats I don't think it's all that far fetched.

Last edited by someonecompletelyrandom; 12-15-2009 at 03:20 PM.
someonecompletelyrandom is offline   Reply With Quote