Music Banter - View Single Post - How satisfied are you with the way members are moderated?
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 05:10 AM   #24 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

The reason I made this thread was to see if there is malcontent with us moderators or the way we moderate members beyond what's expected. There will always be some, we're just people and members in general don't like being moderated etc.

However, people seem generally pleased and there doesn't seem to be as much drama concerning this as I first thought. Still, we're here for the site which includes you guys so feel free to come with more suggestions if there's something on your mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane of your existence
See, this is a thread where the problem was asked to be addressed. So I'm trying to address it. Dude wants to know if there are any problems with the website because of moderation or just problems with moderation on a whole. I feel like, this is the internet. Place is free range as ****. So this place where you receive "infractions" for retarded stuff just seems like a kid's forum. It's like taking a gold star away. And sometimes there are posts that are deleted that don't quite deserve it. It's unnecessary, and alienates MB's members.

Just suggestions.
In my experience, communities which are not moderated becomes a playground for trolls and hostile users who harass and discourage new users from joining up - unless they too are part of that tiny minority which thrive in such communities. Over time, community becomes isolated and dies a slow death as it loses members more quickly than it gains them. Eventually, you have a community consisting only of a few loyal hanger-ons complaining about what the site was like before it turned to ****.

I've been part of such communities before so I firmly believe moderation is needed.