Music Banter - View Single Post - Zarko & Bulldog's Trans-Hemispheric Review of the 2000's
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 06:07 AM   #14 (permalink)
Bulldog
why bother?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
It was you who got me into the Overseer album and it is still on my MP3 player months after I got the link as it is perfect for that. I don't think the album wins a huge amount of points on originality and it reminds me of The Prodigy a hell of a lot but for big bouncy tunes with a smattering of guitars then it's stellar.
You're right it's not exactly very original (I can hear some Crystal Method in there as well), and its most obvious strength is in the faster mixes of guitar riffery and big beats, but I just love its incorporation of the diverse enough range of mood and influence to make it stand up as a truly great album. I wasn't so interested in the slower tracks at first, but they soon grow on you. Either way, it's a shame Overseer is still yet to release his followup, which should definitely be worth the time judging by this effort - he's in the middle of finding a label to release it, and apparently the search isn't going very well for it.

And Zarko, great Amon Tobin review. He's another one who, oddly enough, has passed me by all these years. I've got Supermodified now though, and I'll give it a good listen when I get back from uni a bit later.
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote