Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 02:04 AM   #4395 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Meh, not too bad, the acting was surprisingly decent, and the "ectoplasm" scene was pretty cool, but this movie just wasn't scary.

The plot is this, a woman moves her family into this house, her eldest son is diagnosed with cancer, he begins having really bizarre supernatural experiences which his doctor just writes off as hallucinations that are the result of his illness or the medication that he's taking, he eventually starts acting strangely and becoming increasingly unpredictable. Well eventually the family learns that the house used to be a mortuary where occult practices like séances and necromancy were performed, but since the mother is too f*cking stupid to move the family into another house, oh so predictable chaos ensues and they eventually enlist the help of a minister to exorcise the place.

Note to aspiring horror filmmakers. It's not really scary when something happens every 60 seconds, and right from the start of the movie, it ruins the pace of the film, there's no suspenseful build up, no tension, and it just makes the whole thing super predictable.

Because of leap year, the satelite skipped and I missed about 40 minutes of the movie, and yet I didn't seem to miss any vital plot points whatsoever, and at the end, everybody lives happly ever after.

This was "based on a true story" apparrently, but even if that's not a bunch of bullsh*t, I feel that any real ghostly phenomenon would be a hell of a lot more scary than this.

I went to two horror houses last night, and those were actually pretty scary, and fun. Why couldn't this movie have been the same?

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 11-02-2009 at 02:30 AM.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote