Music Banter - View Single Post - Conan's Completely Original give me an album and I'll review it
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 06:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
someonecompletelyrandom
Account Disabled

Glasvegas - Glasvegas

Wow. Considering I've long wanted to take a shovel to The Proclaimer twin's heads it's scary how much I loved this album. But then again let me consider the facts... simple, well made, emotional pop music with a charming (and not annoying) Scottish accent vocal - what's not to love?

The opening track is a stand out, it pulled me into the rest of the album very well - I certainly didn't have any trouble getting into it right off the bat. The singing of the lyrics to "You are my Sunshine" near the end of the song really got me, more for personal reasons than anything else but still, I nearly started to tear up... okay I full blown near cried.

That being said there are a few bones of contention I have with this album. Like the rediculously unnessicary "here's proof we're not a boy band" Go Square Go. The language in that track didn't come off as powerful or emotional, just weak and a little bit silly.

Still, I loved it.

Recommended for Kayleigh

Check out the Cosmic Rough Riders, a simular group from Glasgow.

Last edited by someonecompletelyrandom; 11-02-2009 at 07:48 PM.
someonecompletelyrandom is offline   Reply With Quote