Music Banter - View Single Post - interesting situation...
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 03:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Daktari
Music Addict

Location: Originally from Lancashire, England, lived near Largs, Scotland and now live in Rocky Face, Georgia
Default Godin

Hi there,

I play a Godin Solidac which is the most versatile guitar I've ever played. I think it's an old model now but if you check out Godin's website, I'm sure they do a modern equivalent. What makes it sooo good is the fact it has three pick ups to get a huge choice of electric sounds and then within the bridge are piezos which gives a really convincing acoustic sound. I know it's a rock band but even rock bands might need an acoustic sound from time to time.

The good thing, it has two seperate outputs so the acoustic can go straight into a clean channel and the electric side through an FX pedal to get all the other sounds. Best thing, - you can mix the acoustic and electric together.

When it comes to effects I would go for a decent multi FX that will provide loads of different sounds that you can pre-programme given a little time and just call each sound up as you need it. Danger of just buying one fixed pedal is that you might over use it which might get a bit boring and limiting.

As for amps, can't help. I use the Bose L1 and before that I had an old Carvin combo and a Roland JC 120, a classic amp but not really rock gear.

Hope this is of some help, Gordon.
Daktari is offline   Reply With Quote