Music Banter - View Single Post - Is the Quality of MusicBanter Decreasing?
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 08:36 PM   #206 (permalink)
music_phantom13
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan View Post
No, of course you can list something intended for children amoung your favorites. I'm just saying comparing a book like Green Eggs and Ham with a Tom Clancy novel doesn't really seem fair does it?

If you really want to compair the two without taking the fact that one was intended for children into consideration... then in terms of character development, stor progression, organization, story and vocabulary Tom Clancy is going to win. Green Eggs and Ham beats it on rhyming... and pictures.
Members have lists of their 100 favorite albums, which they choose out of all the vast music they've listened to over the years. These lists compare everything that members listen to, from classical to jazz to noise rock to freak folk, and even children's music should they choose (hell, someone could have something like They Might Be Giants for sure). I do not understand the difference between comparing Beethoven and Bach, who many hold sacred, to The Sex Pistols and Aker****e vs. comparing the Bible and the Qur'an to Tom Clancy or Hemmingway for example. In the same way there are books that are considered classics, there are also albums that are considered classics that many think everyone should listen to. Society just looks at it differently.

EDIT: Sorry story, I totally didn't read your post.