Music Banter - View Single Post - What are you reading right now?
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 10:08 PM   #1950 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by toretorden View Post
Haha, nice to see someone else grew up around the same stuff I had when I was a teenager Do you also in retrospect find those things slightly embarassing?

We used to play tabletop RPGs once or twice a week. How much more creative my life was back then ..
Absolutely not, I still love going to comic shops and gaming stores and getting to talk geek with the proprietors. Since moving back to the States I have yet to find a group of gamers which has been annoying, but it hasn't stopped me from jotting down ideas in notebooks for future games. Honestly I find sitting behind a computer screen playing World of Warcraft to be a lot "nerdier" than sitting around a table playing a game. At least with PnP games there's real social interaction without the use of some expensive piece of technology.

You should honestly get back into it, even if it's just one session a week, or once every two weeks. It's the best way to spend a cheap night in with friends, using your imagination and wit to play the game while the TV stays off.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote