Music Banter - View Single Post - Gothic Americana/ Alt-Country/ Dark Cabaret
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 06:10 AM   #175 (permalink)
Berni
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by savannah View Post
saddly i dont make it to georgia as much as i once did,.....

i've always loved radney foster, even way back in the foster and loyd days,..though sometimes he can be a bit commercial,...

I agree, his songs that I care for the least are sort of smarmy but, for some reason I can't fathom, tend to be the ones that get the most notice from the more general audience. Well, the guy has to make a living and even those songs are better than mainstream Nashville crap.
Anyway, I just found he's playing a single northeast show this month. I think it's the first one since I saw him in RI in 2000 and I'm excited. Heck, I once drove 300 miles to see the Bastard Sons of Johnny Cash play at a dive in Ithaca, NY.

jerry jeff walker i grew up on, as i'm extreamly nostaglic about,....i have video tape of my five year old self standin on a bar in an ice house singin sangria wine long before i ever even understood more than the doodidoodiloos,....though his version of la freeway is my favorite, i fully

Awww! I can just picture it. The music I remember from that age was French Canadian fiddle and accordian stuff with people clog dancing on wooden floors.

hubbard,...screw you i'm from texas

'nuff said

as for the new gaurd,...randy rogers will be the downfall of texas country and he better thank god he has brady black playin fiddle for him otherwise no amount of pitch correction could save him
There's so much good stuff from there we can just agree to ignore Randy Rogers. Just like I prefer to think that Toby Keith and John Rich don't exist and really don't have fans.

But what do I know, as LL says "that's right, you're not from Texas"
Berni is offline   Reply With Quote