Music Banter - View Single Post - Gothic Americana/ Alt-Country/ Dark Cabaret
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 06:25 AM   #176 (permalink)
savannah
afrocentric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berni View Post
There's so much good stuff from there we can just agree to ignore Randy Rogers. Just like I prefer to think that Toby Keith and John Rich don't exist and really don't have fans.

But what do I know, as LL says "that's right, you're not from Texas"
man i almost hate to say this,...but big and rich have some amazingly tight harmonies,....i wouldnt walk around with their tee shirt on, but every once in a while i dont mind hearing them on the radio,...i know i know,...its shameful

i'm really really impressed with the new ryan bingham album, but then again i was really really impressed with the first album, and the acoustic stuff he did down around the hill country years ago

randy is like party music,...i laugh at myself because i wouldnt ever pay money to see him, but yet, while in the truck, drunk with my other friends, i sing along just as loudly,...maybe i'm just so burnt out, maybe there's so just much better out there,...i understand why he has such a following, i just,.....i KNOW him, so i laugh when people get all freaked out,....its just randy, he wrote all those songs about one girl,....she still wont have him,....get over it

the new ragweed album is amazing, cody is finally doing whatever he wants, and the music is transending past boys from oklahoma and carney man (you need a corn dog,...i can tell) which is sad for the frat boy, but good for the fan,...i look forward to seeing what more is to come

i really really really wish scott evans would put out an album,.....

the new boland is gettin a really good responce and alot of air play,....saddly, i dont drink the koolaide

if you want to see an amazing song writter,...check out matt powel,....he used to play for wade bowen and wrote bleu edmonson's 50 dollars and a flask of crown,....half the time he lives in his car down in austin,.....he's put out a few albums, and they all,...ALL are amazing,....his voice is interesting, and he plays anything with strings on it,......i forever pledge my love to matt powell

all that time, wasted
i wish i was a little more delicate
i wish my
i wish my
i wish my
i wish my
i wish my name was clementine - sarah jaffe
savannah is offline   Reply With Quote