Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 04:28 PM   #2228 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

Tipper - Surrounded

My goodness this is good. I've recently rediscovered this guy. In my nu-skool breaks phase 6 or so years ago, I acquired a mix CD by Tipper that I liked quite a bit. It may have had some of his own productions on it but I don't recall. Anyway at the time, I would often check out an artist whose track I liked on a mix and be disappointed by their full-length albums. I didn't know until recently that Tipper had so many LPs out. Though at the time he probably only had 2, and has a total of 8 now. So a few weeks ago when I rediscovered him I sampled nearly all his albums on Amazon and was really impressed with what I heard. A good variety of crunchy electronic music. I checked out the album Relish the Trough which was quite good but I've only played once so far. I sampled this one last night and got a much more chill vibe, kind of reminding me of Plaid and Aphex Twin's mellow numbers. I'm nearly done playing it now and I'm giving it 4/5 stars out of the gate...really solid mellow electronic/IDM album.