Music Banter - View Single Post - Fashion & Music
Thread: Fashion & Music
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2004, 04:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Eltiraaz
Music Addict

I had a bunch of girls at my school who wore ties because of her.. I just thought.. MEDIA WHORE!!!

Quote:
music can't always define your style if you listen to a lot of genres
Thats something I was getting at.. I had the urban look when I was younger then I kinda went into a punk stage and after that I tried to act like a clubber. Nowadays when I listen to all those things plus jazz, funk, and alot of other things, I find it hard to define my personal style based on the fact that I dont fit into a clique(sp) or group of people. I guess its good in a way because that way people see me for who I am and not who I'm trying to be.

Anyways, I think that fashion styles associated with music styles are good to an extent, such as being able to indentify yourself, and to fit into a group of people who share your interests (which is important for teenagers). However, when it reaches the point where people wont associate with you because of your personal style or the way you dress etc. its exceeded the extent of its worth. Overall I dont think theyre the best thing out there, simply because people arent being true to themselves.