Music Banter - View Single Post - Climate Change - Fact or Fiction?
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2009, 10:35 PM   #36 (permalink)
Yukon Cornelius
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by toretorden View Post
Global warming obviously won't kill all of us. Some of us will be more affected than others. Some could even be better off hadn't it been for the fact that a common tragedy likely touches all in one way or another.

What people need to take seriously is that it's happening, regardless of whether or not it's manmade. Indeed nature and climate are not static. Some 10 000 years ago, there was an ice age and I couldn't live the place I do now. The Sahara was once a lush place. From a certain perspective, human societies have only been around for a short while - especially the way they are now. They are not very adaptable, we've built them as if we thought things didn't change. Most seaside towns weren't built thinking they could all be under water in a 100 years time.

Sometime in the distant future, I think we'll have created societies that are much more able to cope with such change.
If global warming is an issue and is happening to fast then we will shorty fall into a new ice age ... I highly doubt humans would fair well... Limited breathing room and to many ailments to survive in such close quarters...

Think about it.. Simply just not enough room, food or shelter.. Crops limited certain things would just not grow period.. From a realistic standpoint yes maybe some would live and the human race would again flourish.. But i don't think it will be a grab a coat and build a snowman kinda ordeal...

If we were smart we would start making some type of superhuman.. Cram some genes together and make the motherfu*ker breath o2, now we are creating a race that can survive in different atmospheres and thus expanding outside the reaches of the modern man... (im not even stoned lol!!!)