Music Banter - View Single Post - hai!
Thread: hai!
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2009, 03:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
Ulysses
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojopinuk View Post
Welcome to MB. What are some of your favourite 60's bands?
Pffft! I'm not too good on favourites. I'm not the kinds of person that's ever been able to put together lists of 'Top Tens' and so on.

I really like a lot of the 'obvious' stuff whether it's the Doors, Beatles, Love or early Pink Floyd, but a lot of other stuff too. I've got a fairly big collection of 60s and 60s revival stuff which covers everything from garage, ye-ye, sunshine pop, toytown, acid-folk through to 'you name it' - probably the best part of 2000 albums of this stuff alone - so it's hard to list the stuff I really rate as there's so much of it and what floats the good-ship Ulysses genuinely varies on a daily basis.

I got into a lot of this in the 1980s through various avenues: the Paisley Underground, particularly the Rain Parade; US bands like the Fuzztones, who I honestly don't think get the credit they deserve these days; the garage revival in Britain with the Prisoners et al; the 'imaginary' bands like the Dukes of the Stratosphear and Naz Nomad; as well as the garage-psyche compilations that were around at the time. All these things opened doors to the past that I've walked in and out of ever since.