Music Banter - View Single Post - The Incredible Flying Torture Orchestra
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 01:23 PM   #206 (permalink)
music_phantom13
Music Addict

Very amazing, as usual. I really enjoyed the dark intro to On Becoming Digital that slowly builds up to something a bit more melancholy than just dark (if that makes the slightest bit of sense). I love the sudden switch into the digital side of the song as well, you manage to go from a nice, gloomy piano tune into a very glitchy, experimental sound without losing anything from the feel of the song. My only critique would be the end of the song; I didn't like how it just seemed to suddenly drop off. But that may have been what you were going for. It did sort of work because suddenly the song became digital about halfway through, and suddenly it was over at the end; no warning either time.

Metamorphosis I actually liked more. For the first couple seconds, I wasn't sure, but I like the slow build up of the keyboard part and jazzy bass line. At the addition of the heavy distortion and drums I found myself thinking this was honestly better than a lot of the new music I've heard lately. I absolutely loved the speedy, glitchy, distorted keyboard sound that kicks in at a little after 2 minutes. The ensuing build up moves toward chaos while holding on well to the melody and sound of the song. I don't really have criticism on this piece, to be honest. If you really want something, I guess the drum part could be evolved a bit more, but it's fine the way it is.

And sorry, I completely missed this thread when you linked the song.
music_phantom13 is offline   Reply With Quote