Music Banter - View Single Post - Kayleigh's Journal
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 01:33 PM   #45 (permalink)
FETCHER.
Nae wains, Great Danes.

I wrote this whole entry out yesterday. For it to be deleted by accident.

Daft Punk - Discovery
1. One more time
2. Aerodynamic
3. Digital love
4. Harder better faster stronger
5. Crescendolls
6. Nightvision
7. Superheroes
8. High life
9. Something about us
10. Voyager
11. Veridis quo
12. Short circuit
13. Face to face
14. Too long

I was introduced to Daft Punk by a friend when I was about 9 years old and had no taste in music whatsoever. However I loved this music she was playing (she was older) it made me just want to dance and dance and dance more! It was really indescribable at the time, I never really understood the whole "Music can make you feel good" thing. So I never bought the album, and never pleaded with my Mum to buy me it. That Christmas I randomly got this CD, I recoqnised it instantly (the music that is, not the cd cover) and I never stopped playing it for a good few weeks/a month. I had since forgotten all about it until I was randomly searching MB for a thread, and I seen Daft Punk. I have since been addicted to them again. It brings back wonderful memories for me, most dancing like a bloody idiot to the music. I really hope I never forget about the French duo again, they are amazing.

When I downloaded the album again I instantly remembered the more distinctive of the songs, eg, One More Time, Technologic, Harder Better Faster Stronger, Digital Love last but never least Aerodynamic. Discovery is a really well thought out album, all the songs are very similar, yet so different. It's a real solid album, full of good songs, usually on a n album, you get one or two shit songs, I can't think of one song which is particuarly shit, ofcourse there is better ones on the album, but it can't be excused that the majority of the songs are absolutely amazing. All round great album, thoroughly enjoyed it everytime I've listened. If you like Electronica, and completely new to the genre I suggest this album. It's really worth a listen.

edit: sorry for the poor insight, I couldn't be bothered writing it all out again really. It could have been a decent review if I put a wee bit more heart into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
i havent i refuse to in fact. it triggers my ptsd from yrs ago when i thought my ex's anal beads were those edible candy necklaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Rez View Post
Keep it in your pants scottie.

Last edited by FETCHER.; 11-06-2009 at 04:52 PM.
FETCHER. is offline   Reply With Quote