Music Banter - View Single Post - MB's 100 Greatest Video Games of All Time: How YOU Can Vote!
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 05:16 PM   #62 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by toretorden View Post
I am, but I have to say the level of dialogue is slightly tedious as well .. Good RPG does not equal lengthy dialogue in my opinion, but we'll see. On the whole, I'm sure I'll love it, but it's been a minor annoyance so far.
yeah but it's also by a company that used to use the word count in its titles as a selling point. Baldur's Gate 2 features over 800 000 words of audio dialog!

i'm curious but i think i burnt myself out on medieval fantasy in the recent past. my initial impressions are that they're 'borrowing' the world style from The Witcher and mashing it with a big budget production. although the unique intro / origin aspect for each of your characters is interesting. unfortunately the teaser videos seem to give the impression the player is railroaded into standing up to the 'oppressive' humans regardless of their 'origin'.

either way i'm gonna stick to Borderlands as my digital timekiller for now. i wouldn't mind a bit of a review once you get more playtime with the game. i hope my initial impression was incorrect but that's really what their press presented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote